Spring and Summer is right around the corner, one of my favorite foods : Jamaican Jerk Chicken
Here’s an easy recipe for Jamaican Jerk Chicken that you can try:
– 4-6 chicken thighs or drumsticks, bone-in
– 1 tablespoon allspice berries
– 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
– 1 tablespoon dried thyme
– 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
– 1 tablespoon garlic powder
– 2-4 scotch bonnet peppers, seeded and chopped
– 1/4 cup white vinegar
– 1/4 cup soy sauce
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine allspice berries, black peppercorns, dried thyme, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, garlic powder, and scotch bonnet peppers. Process until well combined.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together white vinegar, soy sauce, olive oil, and brown sugar. Add the spice blend and stir to combine.
4. Add the chicken to the bowl and toss to coat evenly with the marinade.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the chicken marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours, or up to overnight.
6. Remove the chicken from the marinade and shake off any excess liquid.
7. Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165°F.
8. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoy your flavorful and spicy Jamaican Jerk Chicken with your favorite sides and drinks!